Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Amigurumi Pattern in the Works- Labyrinth

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a pattern it's going slowly but it's going. The character being made is a Fiery from Jim Henson's Labyrinth.

I remember being 5 and watching that movie completely mesmerized....not to mention the huge crush I had on David Bowie....Jareth was one of my childhood crushes yes I admit it freely.

But I also I loved the fieries to this day I listen to the soundtrack still. It helps me not get frustrated as I work on my pattern because it makes me remember my love of Labyrinth.

Also small rant WHY does this movie not get enough love?!?! People only a year or two younger than me don't know this film.....blasphemous! I was born in 87! It's not THAT old and still more epic than a lot the stuff kids are seeing on tv today.

So hopefully more pictures to come only one I took so far was of his body which isn't close to being done.
Not too pleased with the red I chose BUT it was on sale and is soooooft ^.^
Plus so far it's keeping decent shape.


2 comments:

  1. I found a link to this by googling Labyrinth character amigurumi patterns (The fiery led me to you, lol). I have been crocheting since Jr high, but stopped for a while to focus on drawing and other crafts. I'm 26 now and married with 3 boys and looking to learn new things in the land of crochet! My boys all love The Labyrinth...(keep in mind my oldest is 2 & 1/2 and the twins are 4 months), so I was looking for something interesting to make them :) I wish you lots of luck in your Fiery endeavors and hope he turns out the way you picture him :) Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany,

      Thanks for your kind words.
      The Fiery is currently put on hold since I can't get his head to look like I want it to. Still working on a design....his snout doesn't like me that's the problem lol.
      But I am currently working on the worm :) I'm trying to alter a pattern for it, plus it will be my experiment on whether or not music buttons will work. Hope to get it out soon. Plus sorry for responding to you so late, life has been hectic. Thanks again!

      ~Fantasma

      Delete