Total Pageviews

Friday, February 15, 2013

Homemade steak sandwich

Hi Everyone!

The other day I made steak sandwiches....I love them!

Ingredients are:

Sub buns
Steak ( tenderized by beating with a mallet tenderizer and cut into strips to fit the sandwich I try for 1 1/2 thick in width or so)
Provolone cheese 2-3 slices per sandwich
Butter
Bell pepper ( any color)
Red onions
Mayonaisse
Tooth picks
Foil

Preheat your oven to about 400 degrees

Melt butter in a pan and cook your steak pieces. Afterwards or before which ever step you want to do first is slice thin pieces of red onion and bell pepper sauté until tender ( I sauté using butter for this)

Assembly:

Open up the sub bun layer in some mayonnaise put salt and pepper to your taste. Put in the onion and pepper as much as you like. Add the strips of steak layer with the cheese slices. I like to cut the slices in half then neatly later them kind of helps it from oozing out of the sandwich.

Place bun on top put tooth picks in to hold everything in place and wrap in foil. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

It will come out ooey gooey with cheese and the bread will be lightly toasted. Yum!

Serve with chips or fries.

Any steak meat will do for this as long as you tenderize it. You don't specifically have to get phillysteak cuts...I know I sure don't.

Also horse radish sauce is awesome in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment