Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How to have a fun time with your frieds whle staying home

Hi Everyone!

Now if you're sitting around thinking of what to do with your friends but you're tight on cash here's some ideas. Now if you're my age *coughs* 25 *coughs* there's plenty of stuff to do.

First here's some examples of what I have planned for my one friend and I who are planning on hanging out this Saturday.

Video Games: don't lie to yourselves you still love video games at this age, take out your old system(s) and break out those old favorites and get to playing. We love Legend of Zelda so all the old games come out from the 1986 8bit classic to Skyward Sword. Not to forget other gaming classics like megaman. Dance Dance Revolution anyone?

I grew up as a kid in the 90's and there were sooo many computer games out there. Two that stick with me to this day are 7th Guest and Starship Titanic. Sadly the discs don't work anymore due to computer technology advancing so much (..you'd think they'd let the old stuff still be useable if necessary) BUT thankfully they sell Starship Titanic for Windows XP ^.^ I did a happy dance when I found it. Plus there's some internet vendors who sell games like 7th Guest for internet download and they include the programs needed for the game to function properly. I also got its sequel 11th Hour and some of the old Kings Quest games. The site I got it from is GOG.com it's a great place and the games are decent prices some even come two for one. 7th Guest was just $9.99 it was exciting.

Youtube: Watch your favorite videos together heck find new ones! Youtube is a potential goldmine for hilarious videos AND educational ones. Once we watched a craft tutorial. Even music videos to pass the time while waiting for something else are good. Don't forget if you have internet access on your tv you can watch youtube on the "big screen"

Movies: Get out your movies people, sometimes that movie theater is tempting but when you don't have the cash it's just not plausible. So I take out all my dvds and we route through them to see what we haven't seen in a while. Just the other day by myself I took out my Mel Brooks movies and went on a spree. Not to mention I watched the Odd Couple while I cut out some squares for a quilt. I don't care what anyone says Walter Mathau and Jack Lemon are fantastic....I wish they were alive and well and doing more films.....
Also Anime anyone? Unleash the nerd within and watch your favorite anime or the one you've been meaning to check out, there are many sites online that have them for free.

Also if you and your friends are really dead set on something like pay per view all of you just chip in for the price. So lets say a movie you want is on and it's $6.99 to see it. Well just divide the cost and you're good to go. So if there are 3 of you you're all paying less than $3.

Cooking: Well this can go two ways. You can cook before your friend(s) come or you can make them part of the process. Trust me when I say you have a really great friend if he or she helps out. Plus it makes for some good memories and trust me if something goes wrong you both end up having a good laugh. I always like to make things in advance sometimes if it takes a while but sometimes my friends like to pitch in by chopping veggies etc. Although when it comes to sweets we all just dive right in. Especially if we bake cookies.....we sometimes eat the dough raw and not that many cookies make it into the oven....

Also don't forget dinner that you'd normally make at home having 1-2 more people around doesn't add to the cost : )

Crafts: Now if you're like my friends and I we love crafts, we just adore it. One friend of mine was an art major in school so she loves to draw and show us different painting techniques, I love when she does it's great to learn new things. I like to crochet and knit and I sometimes try to teach or they like to give me color ideas. But when crafting together you learn new techniques and other crafts. Plus it leaves for plenty of talk time. Sometime we let the radio play or we semi watch a film while we craft deep into the night.

The key is to find things in your house, make it fun!

This Saturday my friend and I will pretty much be doing all of the above. Especially crafts because she's going to be in a 5k and it's at Disney so she's going to look like Belle. I got me some shorts to embellish this weekend and she gets to learn for future use : )

Give it a try and have some old time fun!

Think about it when blue laws existed (before my time), our families did NOTHING on Sunday NOTHING was open. According to my dad you'd have like a pharmacy open and they'd take turns on who'd be open.

So if they could entertain themselves at home you can too! I know I can ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment