Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

Oven Baked Fish

Ok so I was searching the internet for a baked fish recipe. I'm very picky. I'm not a fish fan I admit it, but I do have a weakness for Cod and sometimes Salmon. Well I finally found a recipe for Cod baked in the oven that I actually like and want to eat again. And here it is with my personal touches:

You'll need:

3-4 pieces of cod.
No nothing huge, go by what you'd call a personal serving.
1 cup of bread crumbs (I prefer italian seasoned)
2 tablespoons of melted butter or margarine
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
pepper (a few dashes) use black or white pepper
Juice of one lemon
Lemon slices for garnish

Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees farenheit.
Take your garlic, bread crumbs and pepper and mix together.
Sprinkle on some lemon juice to slightly moisten the bread crumbs.
Place a piece of cod fish into the mixture and lightly coat.
Place the fish on a baking sheet. Repeat : )

Before you place the cod into the oven pour the butter/margarine on top of them.
Bake for about 20 minutes.

When you're done serve immediately. I think this goes very well with wild rice or boiled potatoes.
I like adding a lot more lemon juice to it while I'm eatting to give it extra flavor...then again I just love lemon and I think it tasted great being highly acidic.

No comments:

Post a Comment