Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

Discovery of tastey oatmeal

Ok I've been trying to be a good girl...failing but trying. I'm trying to lose some weight by adjusting my diet. First trying to cut out some fried foods and sugary junk foods. Plus trying to eat breakfast in the morning when I can. I've been an on and off fan of oatmeal. Sometimes loving it then sometimes thinking it's the devil. I would like to say now I have made a recipe for oatmeal that I think anyone would love.

Once I get this perfected with the steel cut oats you cook over the stove I'll repost it with hopefully a video but here's my instant oatmeal rendition:

Ingredients:
1 package of instant oatmeal, I used Weight Control Cinnamon from Quaker Oatmeal
1 medium to large sized banana
honey
milk


Follow the microwave directions. I used milk instead of water, makes it creamier and you get your calcium. I used about 3/4 cup of milk and cooked it for about 2 minutes. It turned out slightly runny. I don't like thick oatmeal. Once that was cooked. I peeled the banana and mashed it up. I mixed it into the oatmeal. I then drizzled honey on top.

This was really tastey.
Note: do NOT mix in the honey, you'll lose the sweet taste.

I'm thinking this would also go well if you mixed a small amount of cocoa powder in instead of the honey. Just to get some flavor.

I want to do a steel cut oatmeal do it yourself version because you know exactly what's in it sort of a healthier version. That and I just like being able to say I can do something from scratch. I'm such a nerd that way.

Hope you find this to be tastey!

Also oatmeal is good for you. Help regulate blood pressure. Oatmeal is a soluble fiber. Meaning it goes through the blood stream and helps from what I understand declog you for a healthy heart. Come on eat oatmeal! Eat fiber! Fiber in either form, solluble and insolluble is very good for your diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment