Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ranch Chicken

Here's a recipe I hope to make a video of : )

RANCH CHICKEN!

This chicken is easy! It has a tastey breading and the chicken gets nice and moist ^___^

While flipping through my very first cook book of all time, Betty Crocker's Cooking Basics. They show this really simple tastey looking breaded chicken, using ranch. Well first off tried this recipes a few times word for word....easy thing to say now is that it failed, MISERABLY.

There was never enough oil to cook all the chicken and things just didn't cut it measurement wise.

So here's my rendition of Ranch Chicken.
The parental approval went through the roof, yay!

Ok so here's how you start:

Ingredients:
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts

Note: If you're like me and shop at Sam's Club (Hey bulk meat is cheap!) and you buy the Sam's Club brand for chicken breasts you will only need two breasts....reason? They're freakin' HUGE! I now believe in growth hormone filled chicken because I seriously want to see the size of the chicken that had that size of a breast!

1 cup of ranch dressing (choose your favorite brand, I used hidden valley and have extra just incase)
1-2 eggs
2 cups of italian seasoned bread crumbs (with extra just incase you are messy like me and run out)
vegetable oil for frying.

First cut your chicken lengthwise into strips, yes we're making them chicken strip style plus it shortens cooking time.

Once that's done, in a frying pan add the oil I'd say until it's about 1-2 inches deeps and let that heat up really well. I usually heat it up on high.

Now take your eggs, crack them open and whisk away. Once they're beaten add your ranch.
On a paper plate spread out the breadcrumbs.
Now dip the chicken strip in the ranch concoction, until it's well coated, then cover it with breadcrumbs.
I personally suggest to prep all the chicken first before frying anything. It makes life easier.

Now once your oil is heated nicely turn it down to about medium to medium low. Add some of your chicken strips. I tend to cook each side for about 5-6 minutes. So when the first five minutes  are up flip them over and cook for another five.

Once it's done you can cut into it a little bit to check for any pink center. There should not be any. Be smart DO NOT eat pink chicken meat!

Dry the chicken off with paper towels or let it drain on a rack.

These go nicely with either mac n' cheese or mashed potatoes.

Let me know what you think!
Hope to make a video of this soon : )
Because if you're like me you do better with visuals

No comments:

Post a Comment