Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fuzzy Zelda Update!

So in an earlier post I said I would be having my dog cosplay Link from Legend of Zelda.
Well here's how the costume is going:

Tunic: 

Is done. did it mostly by hand with very sloppy stitching (on purpose), seriously did you think Link after being attacked, bombed, and torn to shreds would take his clothes to a tailor in the middle of no where?

Cap:

In the process, trying to find a way that it will stay on her head.

Shield:

Went with a mix of Kokiri shield Ocarina of Time and Traditional 1986 Legend of Zelda.
How? I used the shape of the kokiri wood shield and tried to do the design of the cross from the original Zelda. Sadly not in traditional colors, call it an artist's rendition, what ever you will. I will personally call it Fantasma didn't have the supplies. So shield design was done in glossy white acrylic. I'm still shocked I didn't have any red left : (

Sword:

In an attempt to stick to the 1986 version (hey it's Zelda's 25th anniversary we have to try to be true to the original that made this wonderful game popular!) Is brown and I painted the handle a light green. If you are a gamer and have played this game like I have nonstop til your eyeballs were about to fall out you'll clearly remember the sword is brown with a green handle!

Belt:

What am I using to keep the shield in place? Well yarn of course, I crocheted a belt and attached it to the shield. I didn't use brown. In an attempt to bring some color I used gold...that and I didn't have any brown left...I have so much yarn...yet no brown...it just feels so wrong...

There will be no sheith for the sword just because I have no time and I don't want to overload my twenty pound dog with tons of stuff on her back no matter how light they are.

So sword is just a picture prop : )

Shield and Sword: are made out of model magic that is light as foam. I also found it in brown so less painting ^.^

I'm hoping this turns out well. Sword and shield are currently drying. Show time is monday, trick or treat!

Total Cost?
Remember I'm into being frugal with some things so here's a total of what I spent
Model Magic: Approximately $8
Paint: already owned, but if purchasing about $1.50 a bottle, 1 green 1 white
yarn: already had
Green Fabric: On sale at Joannes, approximately 1 1/2 yards of broadcloth, about $5
Toddler's Dress Patter: $2
Needles&Thread: already had

Total I spent: About $15!

Plus it's a costume I made and not some stupid generic. Seriously I made what I wanted for less than what they charge you for a costume at the petstore. Which if you got to petsmart or petco is a minimum of $20. So if you want to have fun make your little dog be Link, give it a try : )

Pictures coming soon! WITH VIDEO!

No comments:

Post a Comment