Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kuroshitsuji Muffins

I saw some recipes for tea muffins online and thought why not make some of my own?
In dedication of one of my favorite anime Kuroshitsuji I give you...
The tea muffiin.
It's consistency is sort of dense like a corn muffin. Do not expect these to come out like a blueberry muffin or something like that. These don't rise very well and are dense. The taste is very light.

I suggest giving them a very light drizzle of honey. It makes the muffins taste like a cup of tea with honey ^.^ oooh so tastey. This doesn't use much sugar in my opinion and not much oil so it's not an all that bad muffin to eat compared to other muffins.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tbs sugar
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
3 tbs vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup milk (I prefer whole milk or 2%)
1 tbs of lemon juice (I used fresh)
1 tsp of black tea
(In this one I used Matte Leao a black tea from Brazil,  I would have liked Earl Grey but I was out)
muffin cups

Heat oven to 350 to 360 degrees Farenheit. This batch I tried 360. At about 20 to 25 minutes for bake time.

The leaves of the tea were too large so I used my mortar and pestle to grind it up a bit.

Mix your dry ingredients together.
Add lemon juice to your milk and microwave it for until warm. It'll make it a bit clumpy, will make it sort of the consistency of buttermilk. Which is another suggestion, if you prefer you can replace the lemon and milk with buttermilk. Although I do enjoy the flavor of the lemon adds to the muffins : )
Mix all ingredients together and put about 3 tbs per muffin cup.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment