Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Heat Wave: Ideas for Kids and Pets

Hi everyone

In this month of July I just want to remind everyone to stay cool.
It's painfully hot out watch out for your pets it's sad to see on the news animals dying because their owners neglected them in the hot sun without water. Remember if you can keep them inside and always make sure they have water and an area in the shade to rest in. I mean seriously how would you feel if someone tied or locked you up in this heat without water? It wouldn't be fun!

Ideas for your pet pals:

Keep them in the shade

Check them at least once every hour to see how they’re doing.

Give them water, make it even better put some ice in it. You enjoy it so do they.

Also this may sound silly but it makes my dogs so happy. Give them a bath. A nice cooling bath makes them so happy.

Also

Ideas for your little ones:

If you can keep your younger kids inside do so please

Lots of hydration and no I don't mean juice or sodas. Water is the best drink of choice.

I'm personally not a fan of giving kids things like Gatorade...empty calories, bad for their teeth
If your kid does sports there are waters that contain electrolytes just like Gatorade and it won’t' leave your kid thirsty (Any sugary drink never truly quenches your thirst, water is the best thing) One I like very much is Smart Water No calories, just good water with electrolytes : )

If you have a pool or can get access to one, go to it and enjoy it. Water activities are more appropriate for the types of temperatures we've been having. We don't need anyone keeling over.

Sun block! Children need it and they'll thank you in the future. You're not just protecting them from skin issues like cancer but also from premature aging. Let’s face it your little girls when they're my age will be happy you did this! I know I'm thankful to my mom.

Keep them cool give them an icy treat:
Ice-cream is nice and so are popsicles
This is where you can give them their juice fix!
Actually any drink can be done like this

So apple juice, grape juice, iced tea, lemonade

All can be made into homemade popsicles plus it's easy to make and you know what you'll be giving your kids, no funky neon food coloring there!


I hope you use some of my ideas and let your little ones and your pets have a fun and safe summer : )

No comments:

Post a Comment