Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Cake!

So today is my mom's birthday. I decided to make her a cake : )

I used a Duncan Hines instant cake mix, I chose French Vanilla.
To top it I used heavy whipping cream and made obviously whipped cream ; )
In the middle of the two layers of cake is tapioca pudding.
I decorated it with strawberries which I cut to look like little flowers. All in all I think it's pretty cute.

To make the whipped cream all you need is:
2 pints of whipping cream
sugar and vanilla extract to taste
Using a mixer whip the cream into glorious submission adding vanilla and sugar gradually.
You can cheat and put the mixer on high that forms it pretty fast but I tried to do it slowly I think it takes longer to break down that way : )
I didn't over sweeten the whipped cream since I believe whipped cream should be a very light and airy treat not over powering

Obviously after decorating the cake it went straight into the fridge for safety : )
I also had way too much whipped cream left...and of course tons of strawberries so I mixed it all together until the concoction turned a light pink color. It's a nice tastey summer treat if you don't want to have that cake.

We had the cake today after it chilled in the fridge. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out taste wise. It was light and you didn't get that over powering sugary taste you get with other cakes....I seriously feel like I didn't have cake, which is dangerous because then you could eat way more than you originally planned hehe.

I hope you try it yourself
I sure had fun making it

Here's a link to the youtube video for it :   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-17nenzCzI&feature=channel_video_title

No comments:

Post a Comment